Mars Odyssey THEMIS images – April 19-23, 2010:
The following new images taken by the Thermal Emission Imaging System
(THEMIS) on the Mars Odyssey spacecraft are now available:
- Melas Chasma (Released 19 April 2010)
Melas Chasma is the central portion of Valles Marineris.
- Memnonia Sulci (Released 20 April 2010)
WInd is one of a handful of active processes on Mars today.
- Terra Cimmeria Dunes (Released 21 April 2010)
This VIS image of Terra Cimmeria shows channeling and dunes near Herschel Crater.
- Kasei Valles (Released 22 April 2010)
This VIS image shows secondary channeling on a terrace of the huge Kasei Valles outflow system.
- Melas Chasma (Released 23 April 2010)
This VIS image shows a portion of the floor of Melsa Chasma. Wind blown material is located in
- lows between layered floor materials.
quelle: nasa, jpl